Thursday, November 25, 2010

thankful

sometimes it feels like my life is so out of control. i feel constantly busy and overwhelmed. i have class every morning, i nanny in the afternoons, and at night i'm either at church, doing homework, trying to relax, or hanging out with friends. these things are all such blessings, but it's tiring!

once i was out of school today, my best friend hannah and i took a trip over the hill to santa cruz in order to do one of her school assignments. we got to walk around this farm that is completely self sustaining, take some pictures, eat some ice cream at marianne's (where else?!), and then we came home to watch hot rod and eat some dinner before we went to cafe lift (essentially a weekly talent show outreach), where she was going to sing with our friend kenzie.

even though i am often so tired and irritated by the constant busyness, today was a real treat with my girl friends. i feel like i don't get to see them enough. but friendship is such a God-given blessing. i learn so much from these women about faithfulness and serving selflessly, not to mention the fact that they are all incredibly witty and funny (i'm the only one who isn't. haha).

i think friends and family is what i am most thankful for this year. God has grown me in so many different branches of my life, and has used friends as conduits for nearly all of these changes. i am so thankful for the constant reassurance that God has placed me where i am at for a reason, and that my purpose is to love and serve people without any agenda. how freeing is that? even when i am at my wit's end trying to keep my responsibilites in order and still get some 'me' time, God shows me how powerful he is.

Thank you Jesus for all that you continuously give me. thank you for friends and family to share my life with.

I like this verse:

Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
I say to myself, “The LORD is my portion;
therefore I will wait for him.”

- Lamentations 3:22-24

No comments:

Post a Comment